Wednesday, April 20, 2011

He Is Everything


To a real Christian, Christ is everything, and everything that is not Christ is nothing. Is Christ your everything? Of course not, that’s insane right? How could he be everything? I have my family, my friends, my job, my school, my pets, my facebook, and my cell phone. Sure God is #1…but is he everything? If you think this is too extreme, too radical…then you are wrong. It is not too extreme or too radical. It is 100% extreme and radical because real Christianity is 100% extreme and radical. Jesus was radical. He taught salvation by faith alone, separate from the law. In his day that was radical! It’s still radical today! Christianity is the only religion where you don’t earn your way into heaven or paradise. Christianity is the only religion that recognizes that humanity stinks too much to be able to earn God’s favor by obeying him. Is Christ your everything? Is Christ more important in your life than anything else? How often do you talk to your best friends or significant other? For hours per day right? Because you love them and desire a relationship with them! If you truly love God and desire a relationship with him then you will talk to him on a consistent basis. He is not just “the big man upstairs”. He is the ruler of the universe who sent his Son to die on the cross to save you from your sin and he wants you to know him personally. He already knows you, so the only thing left to do is make him your everything and talk to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment