Saturday, September 3, 2011

Here Is Our King

This song is called “Here is Our King” by the David Crowder Band. Listen to the lyrics.

All of lyrics are phenomenal but I want to focus on the chorus. As I was driving back I came to a point of tears when I actually thought about what the lyrics were saying. “Here is our King”. Those lyrics are so special because they are pure truth. He is our King and he rules over us. It is recognition of position and power. It’s a reverent way of addressing the powerful King that God is. We so often think of God as our friend. Our “homeboy”. Or our father. He can be and is all of those things…but he is also the ruler of the universe. The King of the world. He holds the world in his palm. He is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He is everything and everywhere. He is the King, and it is important for us to recognize him for what he is with reverence.

“Here is our Love”. Not only is he the King of everything, he loves us more than anything in the world. The Creator of the universe and King of the world actually loves every single one of us! He knows each of us and every hair on our heads and wants us to know him. He desires a relationship with us. We would all freak out if our favorite celebrity wanted a relationship with us. He is our Love, our King, desiring a relationship with us and pursuing us in the midst of our sin. These two statements together make an even more powerful statement, he is our King and he loves us more than anything.

And finally, “Here is our God who’s come, to bring us back to him.” Our King, our Love, our God has come to bring us back to him. When we stray from the path of righteousness he chases after us to bring us back to him. He pursues and follows and lovingly persists to bring us back to him. This is where I got choked up… That my King, my Love, and the ruler of the universe has come to bring me back to him. Out of everyone and everything in the world, he cares enough about me to focus on me bring me back to him. Not just me, but us. He loves you just as much and has come to bring us back to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment